Such a great article on buzzfeed about 26 ‘Fashion Rules’ you should break immediately! This is my motto for fashion for years: ‘Be a rebel and make your own fashion rules!’ And most of these rules already were mine too! Especially when you’re not size zero… you have to break some rules anyway!
01. You don’t have to just wear gold or silver jewelry, try mixing them together.
02. Also combine: navy and black.
03. Your shoes don’t have to match your belt.
04. Mixing prints is not only acceptable, it’s supremely on-trend. Also look at the styling combinations at my webshop.
05. Clutches aren’t just for evening.
06. You can wear sequins for daytime.
07. Wearing one shade head-to-toe isn’t a no-no, it’s encouraged.
08. Sneakers aren’t solely for the gym.
09. Sweatshirts also aren’t just for the gym.
10. Wear white whenever you like.
11. Wear horizontal stripes.
12. Turtlenecks aren’t just for nerds.
13. And hats aren’t just for bad hair days.
14. Wear pajamas from a Lifetime movie marathon to a dinner date.
15. Wear clear heels.
16. Another fashion rule to break tomorrow? Wear red and pink together.
17. Also, wear see-through fabrics out of the house.
18. Speaking of see-through, show off the contents of your bag.
19. Show off your midriff. (maybe not for every woman)
20. Less is more is another bogus rule — more is more!
21. Carry a backpack instead of a purse.
22. Wear sweatpants out of the house. With heels.
23. Wear open-toed sandals with your hosiery.
24. Also, wear socks with your sandals.
25. And definitely wear glasses to make a fashion statement.
26. And finally, show up somewhere entirely overdressed.